Where to Find Ridge Monte Bello Near the Albemarle Inn Asheville, NC
Are you searching for a romantic, mountain getaway? Asheville, North Carolina is the perfect blend of access to outdoor activities and world-class food and entertainment. At an elevation of 2,000 feet, it is the largest city east of the Mississippi River at its height.
Visitors can spend all day hiking and mountain biking, then explore one of the best food and craft beverage scenes in the South. Just a taste of what you can enjoy outdoors in Asheville includes:
- Hiking thousands of miles of trails ranging from backcountry to gentle walks.
- Finding one of the many waterfalls in our area. We have the highest concentration of waterfalls in the South. Many of them can be found with cold-water swimming holes.
- Mountain biking on some of the premier singletrack on the East Coast. Bent Creek, Dupont, and Kitsuma Peak are within an hour from downtown Asheville.
- Floating or paddling down rivers and creeks on kayaks, whitewater rafts, canoes, and tubes.
- Fly fishing in some of the best trout waters in the country.
When you are ready to rest and relax indoors, tourists enjoy:
- One of the highest concentration of microbreweries and craft breweries in the country
- Several world-class, famous restaurants
- Excellent shopping centers and niche downtown retail
- Visiting the Biltmore Estate
- Classic, famous indoor music venues
You may be convinced to make Asheville your next getaway destination. Now, the only thing to figure out is where to stay.
There is a lot of great lodging throughout the city. One of our favorites is the Albemarle Inn in north Asheville.
The Albemarle Inn | Asheville, NC
The world is a busy place. The demands of your job and life can be stressful and contribute to anxiety. The Albemarle Inn is a calming, deep breath in a hectic world. It is a beautifully restored Greek Revival mansion originally constructed in 1909.
Unlike much of the city's lodging, the Albemarle Inn is located in a quiet, residential area near the Grove Park Inn and golf course. Per their website, residents can:
"Enjoy the Inn’s timeless appeal, as you unwind and relax on our veranda, enjoying our gardens in solitude, or the company of each other. Perhaps socialize with other guests of the mansion, while enjoying the morning’s first sip of coffee."
If you are staying in the Albemarle Inn, you will enjoy the tranquil setting and break from the strains of daily life. You may want to relax and enjoy sharing a bottle of wine with your friends or partner. If you are searching for a bottle of Montebello near the Albemarle Inn, you can find it at Metro Wines.
Monte Bello Near the Albemarle Inn | Find it at Metro Wines
Monte Bello is born from vines that grow high in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. Despite their high elevation, the vineyard is just fifteen miles from the Pacific Ocean. A traditional Bordeaux Blend, Monte Bello is consistently outstanding. From Ridge Wine’s website:
“Each vintage is different, but year after year Monte Bello proves to be a consistently outstanding wine with great structure, complexity, and balance. And, in terms of ageability, it has been known to lay down for several decades with elegance and ease.”
You can find Monte Bello at Metro Wine, just a mile away from the Albemarle Inn. Our wine shop is a local favorite here in Asheville.
While we would love for you to come inside and explore our wide selection of the best wine in Buncombe County, we also offer delivery options and curbside pick-up.
Find Monte Bello and many other amazing wines at Asheville’s favorite wine shop – Metro Wines. Contact us for more information or stop by the shop and say, “Hello.”
Need more ideas for your visit? Read our article, A Wine Enthusiast’s Guide to Asheville.