Where to Find Caymus Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon Near The Omni Grove Park Inn Asheville, NC
Caymus Vineyards produces two Cabernets Sauvignons, a “Napa Valley'' and the venerable “Special Selection”. Both Cabernets have aroma and flavors which can only be executed through “hang time,” a technique that concentrates the flavors within the grapes before early winter sets in.
Leaving the fruit to “hang” on the vine for a long time will develop suppleness, increase color, and mature the tannins of the grapes. The wines are abundant in textural tannins yet soft.
Crop thinning, allowing measured sunlight to reach the vine’s fruit zone, and waiting for increased ripeness are all involved in Caymus Vineyards practices. Caymus Cabernets offer a wide array of aromas and flavors, including cocoa, cassis, and vanilla. You can find this wine within walking distance of Asheville’s favorite vacation spots.
Caymus Vineyard writes,
“Caymus prides itself on producing wines that are as approachable in youth as well at maturity. Both the “Napa Valley” and “Special Selection” Cabernets are produced under the winemaking hand of Chuck Wagner.”
The Omni Grove Park Inn is one of the country’s most celebrated resorts. It’s established in Asheville, NC, and noted for its understated elegance and southern charm. In fact, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the world of art, entertainment, sports, and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel.
This resort offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross-designed golf course, an expansive tennis court and fitness center, an award-winning spa, and spacious convention facilities.
Drive the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway and stay in luxury at Asheville’s iconic resort. This fall, you can escape into the autumn beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains and enjoy a bottle of Caymus Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon with friends and family.
Things to Enjoy at The Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC
- Built in 1912, take in the distinctive undulating red clay tile roof and Roycroft furnishing. The Omni Grove Park Inn captures the essence of Asheville’s history and architecture during the Arts and Crafts movement.
- Relax and watch the sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains and downtown Asheville.
- Explore The Great Hall with a 24-foot ceiling and two gigantic 36-foot stone fireplaces.
- Enjoy a romantic evening on the Sunset Terrace, which offers the finest hand-cut steaks, premiere chops, and fresh seafood with panoramic views.
- At The Spa, float in mineral pools with soothing underwater music and waterfalls. Relish in exhilarating contrast pools, a lap pool, an inhalation room, a sauna, and a eucalyptus-infused steam room.
We have Caymus Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon at Metro Wine, just a mile from The Omni Grove Park Inn. Our wine shop is supplied with hundreds of the best wines found in Buncombe County, and we also offer delivery options and curbside pick-up.
Find Caymus Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon and many other amazing wines at Metro Wines. Visit our website to learn about our wine tastings and special events, or stop by the shop to explore our wine selection.