Incorporating Wine into Your Wedding Day
Throughout many centuries and cultures, wine has always been a part of the wedding tradition. Wine represents the richness of life and sweetness of life between the bride and groom.
Wine bottles are extremely versatile and can be used to create elegant, romantic, and rustic decorations.
Whether you decide on a wine ceremony to show the combining of two families or simply raising a glass in celebration during the reception, your love for wine can be incorporated in these six ways.
How to Incorporate Wine Into Your Wedding Day in Asheville, NC
- Use Wine Bottles for Table Numbers: Wine bottles’ tall and lean shape makes them the perfect object for displaying table numbers at your reception. You can paint the numbers directly on the bottles, or you can hang them off their necks. Either way, it’s a simple and affordable centerpiece that most wedding DIYers can handle.
- Aisle Decorations: Some wine bottles come in vibrant colors that you won’t have to paint. Bright blue bottles pop against the surrounding white detail and make the perfect hanging vase for your outdoor wedding ceremony. Use twine to hold a bundle of baby’s breath on the bottle’s neck for a touch of floral decoration.
- Tie the Knot in a Vineyard: Host your wedding at a vineyard to experience lush greenery and breathtaking views of the wine country. Vineyards are particularly dreamy and romantic and have lots of desirable amenities, ample outdoor space, and many photo opportunities. With a tasting room, on-site restaurant, and perhaps even a dedicated event space, you and your guests are guaranteed to have a great time.
- Wine Bottle Guest Book: If you are considering a traditional guest book alternative, have your guests sign bottles of your favorite wine. You can also spray paint the bottles a color and use metallic markers for guests to sign their name and write a message on the wine bottle. Uncork a bottle to celebrate your anniversary and relive all the special memories of your wedding day.
- Vino Hour: Turn your cocktail hour into something special by serving your guests a mini wine bottle with decorative straws. Pair your mini wine bottle selection with some of your favorite appetizers to give your guests a unique wine tasting experience.
- Wine Inspired Favors: Gift your guests with personalized wine glasses, corkscrews, or mini bottles of your favorite wine. This is a perfect opportunity to incorporate wine into your wedding.
Before you make any final decision about the wines you’re going to offer at your wedding, Metro Wines can help you find the perfect wine pairing for your special day. You can join us for tasting and be introduced to our wide selection of wines. Visit our website or contact us for more information about our weekly tastings and wine events.